I’ve spent the last five years writing my book, Wait, It Gets Worse: Love, Death, and My Transformation from Control Freak to Human Being, and it’s almost here! I’ve created a page just for my little newborn where you can do all the things that book pages let you do, like click on buttons that let you preorder it. I’m SUPER excited, thank you for your support and encouragement!
Wait, It Gets Worse
Talking about Telling Stories
I’ve been writing my blog on and off for 6+ years. It covers health, adventure, transitions, and writing about all of it. Life as a survivor is varied and complex and ongoing. Enjoy!
Every now and again, someone is kind enough to put me on a stage or a podcast where I then tell a story. I do enjoy it, and I sometimes get a nice complement for my work, which is wonderful.
In the bank:
Live storytelling! Please support my friends at 2nd Story Chicago.
Talking about Storytelling
I’ve learned a lot in the last decade about work, health, writing, the illusion of control, and being human. I’m happy to talk to anyone who wants to hear more. Sample topics:
- Navigating life’s transitions
- Is our work culture broken? How cancer showed me the dangers of stress and overexertion
- Why you need to advocate for your own medical treatment and how to do it
- How cancer helped me kick my control addition
- Why my “athlete” identity made coping with cancer more difficult and how I was able to create a new identity
- Your body knows more than your brain, so why don’t we listen?
- My career as a lawyer and how it shifted after cancer
If this interests you, please reach out!